Tuesday, September 20, 2005


The 5th - the poor are just like those in the western countries as well. Here is a girl about 9 or 10yrs old. She has to sell flowers until 4am. She doesn't go to school. And if she misses her "sales target", someone told me she will be beaten. It seems a syndicate is behind a bunch of these kids. I saw one aged 6 or 7yrs old - pushed and fell unto the busy mainroad by a 'rich' looking guy who couldn't be bothered. My heart broke to see the little one picking herself up and also the flowers scattered on the road. Nobody helped. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

BenTing said...

I did buy flowers from her. I really wish I could "rescue" her, and eliminate poverty from the face of the earth. I wish I could have put on my Superman costume and save her and beat the daylights out of the bad guy. But I can't. That's why I am waiting eagerly for the 2nd Advent. Only then will the ills of the society be completely gone. And I pray u will be with me when that day comes, for u are one of my best buddy.