Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Remembering Dad


It has been 2 years and 3 days since dad passed away. It has been much longer since my mom passed away. So technically I am an orphan :)

A couple of nights ago my wife asked me: "Ben, what do u think dad is doing now in heaven?"

Well, I told my wife dad could be in a Bible college right now doing "catch up". But come to think of it, dad could be doing so many things! Beside beholding Jesus face to face, which is the GREATEST fulfillment, he could be worshiping at the throne room, or having picnic with my mom by the river eating fruits from the Tree of Life, or he could be touring the "almost finished" New Jerusalem, or he could be checking out the massive banquet hall getting ready for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, or making friends with the apostles & the Patriarchs...

but just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM."
(1Co 2:9)

Well, I am SURE dad is eagerly awaiting for the arrival of me & his loved ones down here! I bet he can't wait to "show off" & be a tour guide ;)

Or could he be checking out the awesome spectacle of the assembly of innumerable angels before the throne of God, fully dressed in shinning white robes, with archangel Michael leading at the front with the trumpet of God at his side... awaiting for the command?

Or don't tell me he is peeking & scanning thru the Lamb's Book of Life to see if...???

Well, I am sure dad is fully enjoying himself up there. 

Praise the LORD for His grace & mercy.


No comments: