Monday, October 15, 2007

Kampung Seruit


Today, I followed Pastor Cheng to brother Liz's kampung. Meant to be a "mission survey" trip. But I decided to bring the family along. And it was the RIGHT decision! Hallelujah!


Brother Liz's kampung actually isn't that far away from the city. But it is 100% kampung. Very cool. Brought back a lot of memories.


The kids just LOVED the place. Immediately they went about exploring the place. Even the discovery of a mushroom was a thrilling experience! ;)


The house that we went to was surrounded by all sorts of fruit trees. Among them was this Dragon Fruit tree - John's 3rd favourite fruit. Actually this was the very FIRST time for me to see the actual tree! :P


Soon, the kids from the kampung led us to explore more of this beautiful place. From this very cool wooden platform on the river bank...


...to this rubber "mill"!!! Just AWESOME! (Second time in my life to see it.)


For me, it was dejavu. When I was a kid, I did a LOT of the above... trekking over thick undergrowth... looking for rubber seeds... playing hide-n-seek... :)


The place is just so beautiful. I walked the "street" by myself for about 20 mins looking for interesting subjects to photograph. And I noticed every corner is beautiful...


...every plant is beautiful...


Even the flowers on the fence are gorgeous...


Even the cat!


The kampung trip was supposedly a short trip. But an unexpected heavy downpour delayed the journey back.


But it was "good" delay. We had lunch at bro Liz's sister's house instead, and the desert was NANGKA-CEMPEDAK! The kids had been clamoring for me to buy the fruit for a couple of days already! But cuz of Hari Raya, most fruit stalls are closed. Praise the Lord for the delay! :P


A wonderful short trip.

A video of the last couple of minutes drive up to the destination:

No comments: