Tuesday, October 23, 2007

We are ALL Sinners



Bible says:

as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."
(Rom 3:10-12)

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
(Rom 3:23)

But the attitude of most people would be: "Me sinner? NO WAY!"

Their typical argument: "I provided for the family, I put food on the table, I put kids thru schools, I worked hard, I don't cheat ppl money, I don't kill ppl, I don't burn ppl house down... Me SINNER???"

Like the Pharisees in the bible probably would have argued: "We followed all the laws of Moses! We fast 10 times a week! We give tithes faithfully! We keep the Sabbath! We pray loudly 20 times a day! Us SINNERS??? How DARE U!"

Or like the rich young ruler in the Bible: "ALL these things (laws of Moses) I have KEPT! WHAT am I still lacking that I may gain eternal life?"

Are u one of them? Allow me to apply just 3 tests:

1) Have u lied? (White lies included)
2) Have u hated? (Didn't matter u were the victim)
3) Have u lusted? (Didn't matter it was only for 2 seconds)

Have u? No? Wow, u just failed test #1!

No comments: