Saturday, November 03, 2007

Jesus, the Way, the Truth & the Life



The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
(Joh 1:29)

Buddha never said he came to die so that his Indian countrymen may have eternal life. Neither did Mohammad. Neither did ANY of the founder of any other religion. None could claim to be the Saviour of the world. The best they could do was to formulate a set of rules for their followers to live by. And at the end of the day, hoping most will merit enough good works to inherit a better "next life". If not, well, they only got themselves to be blamed.

But listen to some of Jesus' claim about Himself:

"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
(Joh 10:9-10)

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"
(Joh 11:25-26)

Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
(Joh 14:6)

"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.
(Joh 15:5-6)

Many people (unbelievers) will tell u Jesus was a GREAT man, a WISE man, a HOLY man, a GOOD teacher, a MORAL person... (but they will never admit Jesus is God). They will tell u the world will be a much better place if only we could follow Jesus' teaching... Well, obviously they DO NOT realise what they are talking about!!!

Any person reading the Bible "seriously" will only have 2 (TWO) conclusions about Jesus:

- He is INSANE!

- or, He is REALLY who He claims to be: LORD of Israel, Messiah of the whole world, Redeemer of mankind, God Almighty in human flesh.

There ain't no MIDDLE GROUND! NONE! Either Jesus is the greatest conman ever lived, or He is GOD!!!

BEHOLD, HE [Jesus] IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen. "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
(Rev 1:7-8)

As for me and my family, we have decided Jesus IS the way, the truth & the life. My Redeemer, my Saviour, my King, my Lord & my God.

No comments: