Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Malls in Kuching


The Spring - the newest, latest, biggest shopping mall in Sarawak. For so many years (decades), the best shopping complexes in Sarawak were every where else BUT Kuching! But now finally we have THE BEST shopping mall in Sarawak right here in Kuching.


Tonight I was there with my family, and the mall was PACKED! This is the first time I see whereby people gotta Q UP for dinner in Kuching! In front of Sushi King, I saw a line that was at least 15 people deep - totally unheard of!


Yup, u gotta Q UP at this kids' favourite "chocolate fountain" shop too. We waited for 5 mins just to get 2 sticks of mashmellow dipped in thick chocolate.


The Spring is developed by some Sibu fellas, so it isn't surprising to see the anchor supermarket is from Sibu too - Ta Kiong. Used to be my dad's favorite store. I was hopping to see more selection & choices here...but no surprises here.


After we left the Spring, we decided to check out the OTHER new shopping place in town - Blvd Mall. And sad to note, compared to their Miri counterpart, this "new" place looked so run down! Somehow the place just looked "cheap". And it was dirty & messy. I was very disappointed.


The worst was the parking. The basement car park was so suffocating & humid & so poorly designed... it was just awful. I think I will be spending much more time in the Spring...

No comments: