Thursday, February 07, 2008

CNY Day 1


From the road, it is obvious the action was quite intense last night. When dad was around, he was really into this sort of thing. Somehow I never get to "inherit" this fondness for firecrackers. Funny, huh?


Ping & Evelyn went to Blessed Church early morning with mom. So myself & the kids only get to join them much later at Evelyn's house. It has been a looooong time since I last woke up at 9am!


As planned, right after church, mom, David & Philip were driving back to Sibu. It would have been a 5 to 6 hrs drive. But their car got into some mechanical problem shortly after. In the end the trip was cancelled. Praise the LORD for keeping the car safe all the way back to Kuching.


While mom & the gang were heading to Sibu, we were enjoying a fantastic lunch at Chin's mom's house. Chin's mom is a Super Woman. She is truly a Proverb 31 woman - she can cook, she is a business lady, she takes care of home, she takes care of grandkids, and she LOVES Jesus. But I enjoy her cooking most ;P


One thing I enjoy very much during CNY is taking family photos. I remember it was almost like a tradition back in the days in Sibu whereby every CNY I would take family portraits for many relatives & my dad's friends. I sure miss them and I hope some of them miss me too ;)


For the kids, the "tradition" they enjoy most is getting LOTS & LOTS of AngPow of course.


Well, today we didn't have time to take much family portraits yet... Hopefully tomorrow we will have the time.


Anna invited us for dinner tonight. And since mom & David didn't make it to Sibu, Anna invited them too. It has been a long time since all of us are together.


After dinner, I showed them the latest photos of cousin Teresa (from Facebook) in NYC. We almost wanted to call uncle Pete...


Praise the LORD for this wonderful day.

No comments: