Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Kindle Going GLOBAL...NOT!

I was SO EXCITED when I saw Kindle is finally going GLOBAL (100 nations!) from Amazon this morning!!!

But when I checked further, Kindle is NOT - I repeat, NOT - ready for Malaysia. What a blow!

Then I quickly checked if my neighboring countries are having better "luck"... Singapore, no... Thailand, no.... Brunei, no.... Indonesia, no.... Sigh, so I guess SEA isn't exactly a big enough market for Amazon.

Then for the fun of it, I keyed in "Cambodia" - and I got the "SHOCK" of my life - Kindle is available for Cambodia! And so is Papua New Guinea....

Then I keyed in "Zimbabwe" - and BINGO! Kindle is available in Zimbabwe! And so is Rwanda!

Now, I am NOT implying Malaysians (or Singaporeans) are more "deserving" but something is definitely NOT right here!

I am gonna email Mr Bezos for sure.


No comments: