Wednesday, May 02, 2007

May Day & Spiderman 3


Praise God for Labour Day. Any day of rest is a good day. This morning we tried the new breakfast place at Crown. Excellent toast and dim-sum but expensive.


Over breakfast, I saw that Spiderman 3 is SHOWING today! The first show was only 2 hours plus away while eating my delicious dim-sum... So long yet so near... Anyway, we did some "kill time" activities before heading off to the cinema.


I arrived at the cinema at 9:45am, and already there were 2 lines! The 11am line was at least 15 persons DEEP! And the line was moving soooooo slowly! I almost wished I could turn into Spidy & JUMP straight into the ticket box!

I ended up queuing for almost an HOUR in 3 different lines buying tickets not just for my family but also for my sisters and their kids (3:30pm show) and my buddy Johnny and his family (noon show). Almost felt like the good old days again... ;)


In the end, I got the 11am tickets... but we were like dispersed here and there :(

My buddy Johnny advised: "Aiya, let the kids sit near near the screen lah!" Way to go, Johnny!


So how was the movie? Well, I think part 1 & 2 were better. I do enjoy the movie though... but definitely NOT the "Saturday Nite Fever" scenes! My favourite actor was the "French man". He deserves an Oscar! And the "blob" bad guy was really awesome!

My "favourite" catch line? Peter Parker taunted: "Want Forgivness? Get Religion." Hmmm....

My "concern"? Painting the Sandman as a "good guy"...


After 2 1/2 hours of movie, massive amount of refueling was required before heading off to more "quality time" (shopping) activities!

Praise the Lord for the wonderful day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben, It's Steve Harris here ! I only just saw your comment on my Web site guest book (www.outpouring.com.au), not too much traffic through there unfortunately so I don't check as often as I should :-/ ... love youe blog site and it's good to know that you finally figured out that I didn't play bass in Iron Maiden :-). Glad you were blessed during my time in Kuching, I was really blessed also because of the awesome, mighty God that we love and serve. I've been hearing great reports about what God is doing in EBC right now, for example last weekend and someone who was deaf and dumb being healed !!! Kuching is the place to be, you are all very very blessed to be living there in this time, and experiencing the mighty moving of the Spirit of the LORD.
Please pass on my regards to everyone at EBC, take care Ben, God bless you, this is Steve H. See you next time.