Saturday, May 05, 2007

Sibu


My beloved Sibu town... a place both "famous" & "notorious". Sibu offers the BEST & the WORST. Kinda like the Jews. But one thing for sure: the Foochows from Sibu are "extremely famous" within Malaysia... if not within South East Asia. They are one of the MOST blessed people on earth. They seem to prosper in whatever they do. Most people would attribute "hard work" or "gutsy" as the secrets to their success.

But let me share with u all the ACTUAL secret to their success: the Almighty God of Israel. May be I will share more next time. Foochow is a living breathing testimony to the faithfulness of God Almighty.


I was in Sibu recently. And it happened that some VVVVVVIPs were in town - my beloved kukus (aunts). One back from Hong Kong, another from Vancouver. And we did what all the good Foochows would do - we had dinner together :)


Spending time with them had allowed me to "rediscover" a very notorious "trademark" of many Chinese. Most Chinese like to say one thing with their mouths but actually meant quite the opposite in their hearts.

(Pls note: the above STRICTLY for illustration purposes... Yes, I MEAN it... I REALLY mean it...)


The ART of knowing EXACTLY what the other person is saying is a process that will take YEARS of training! In between, u will get burn a few times here and there every now and then... But after u have mastered the ART, it can be quite fun ;)

So for any aspiring westerners who wish to do business in China... beware...

No comments: