Saturday, February 14, 2009

Loving KJV


This year I am using The Discipleship Journal Bible Reading Plan for my daily Bible reading in the morning. Each reading is divided into 4 small sections - 2 from NT & 2 from OT - and it takes about 30 mins to finish. Very easy pace. In fact, the plan only gives u 25 readings per month, so u have the balance "free" day of the month to either catch up or do some other useful stuff - like Scripture memorization!


I have also chosen KJV as the main Bible version for my daily reading. Not as easy to read as the other more modern versions but the extra effort is definitely well worth my time. After 8 months of "intensive" KJV reading, I find myself falling deeply in love with it. Best yet, now the effort starts to "pay off" since the other books I am reading this year - books by Jonathan Edwards, John Owen & John Bunyan - are written in KJVish english too! Praise ye the LORD!

And I thank God too for a new vintage Cambridge Turquoise bound in Saddle Brown French Morocco leather. It has got the largest font by far. Much bigger than my Allan/Oxford Long Primer. So that definitely helps with my sleepy eyes in the morning.

No comments: