Sunday, March 22, 2009

Remembering Dad


It has been 3 years since dad departed to be with the LORD.

Well, I guess even by Earth-year standard, by now he should be a graduate in Bible Study already ;) Or at least he has a very impressive garden next to his heavenly house by now. Dad loved gardening. He won 3rd place once - for having the nicest backyard garden in Sibu! (And he didn't even know he was in the competition. LOL!)

I would also guess by now mom is fully briefed (who passed away when I was only 12) on all the happenings of the family down here - all the heartaches, broken hopes, tears... - all the usual stuff before one comes to know the LORD. But I am also sure she must be jumping with joy & singing Hallelujah knowing all the kids are gloriously saved by the blood of Jesus now... O the grace & mercy of God!

All the above "extra-biblical revelations" are obviously just a fiction of my imagination. But it does betray the hope - this joyous hope - that is inside of me, promised by the Scripture, knowing that I shall meet up with them one day... O how I long for that day! To be reunite with my dear family members to worship Jesus together in absolute joy & purity!

To my unbelieving friends & relatives, this "hope" is "bad luck" cuz death is a taboo subject. Especially for the Chinese... O if ONLY they know of this unspeakable joy inside of me knowing that my name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life!

As believers, we are admonished to pray for the salvation of our loved ones. Pray, my dear brothers & sisters in Christ - pray for their salvation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben... A beautiful and poingant tribute to your father. I lost mine 15 years ago March 2. He, like yours, is with the Lord and I too look forward to the day when we are reunited in glory. Among the many keepsakes I have of him is an NIV Scofield bible that I gave him on his 50th birthday. He read it a lot, but it has held up over the years. Thanks for your memories. P.S. Prayer for salvation of unbelievers, especially loved ones, is on my daily list.

BenTing said...

Thanks Jeff.

God has been "busy" saving my close circle of family members...All the siblings & their spouses...then the relatives...then the relatives' immediate family members...then their relatives... Hallelujah! God is just awesome!

Still got a few more to go :)