Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ku-Nei & The Gang


Two nights ago, we got some HEAVY WEIGHT VVIPs coming to Kuching! Non other than my most beloved Ku-Nei from Canada. I am so happy to see that she is SO HEALTHY and SO STRONG and SO COOL. Together with her is Shirley & Diana.


I was shocked when Ku-Nei told me she is 81 yrs old already!!! To me, she looks the same for as long as I could remember her.


To most of us here in Kuching, this is our FIRST time meeting Diana. And within like 30secs, she is already BEST FRIEND to all our kids here ;)


For this trip, Ku-Nei & the gang are staying at Chin's house. So after dinner, we all moved to Chin's house for some serious chit-chat to make up for all the years we had not seen each other.


We even called Uncle Pete in New York City! There is just so much info we need to update each other!


One new info we acquired: Diana is an AWESOME artist! She definitely got the blood of the Ting's family flowing inside her! ;) The kids were like blown away by her sketches. Obviously she like Japanese manga a lot.


The following day, Ah Lung Kuku also came! I understand she & Ah Lien Kuku & mom will be all going to Taiwan for 10 days at the end of the month... But from the heavy business phone calls Ah Lung kuku got during lunch... I wonder if she can "let go" or not.


We have arranged a series of places to visit for the visitors. The first stop - the Swak Museum - of course.


It was a quick "get-to-know-Swak" stop. From culture to FOOD.


Second stop: MORE local food... my favourite KomPia & Rojak...


Third Stop: MORE food... Hey, Ku-Nei told me she gained 4lbs while she spent a month in Texas... and I only got like 5 days to ensure I "beat" that record...

To be continued...

No comments: