Monday, August 27, 2007

TW & JS


In life, there are very few things of equal value than true friendship. Though I only got to spend an afternoon with TW & JS, but it was well worth it. Not just the quality time together with my good buddies, but the FOOD as well! ;)


The day before, I tried the famous Seremban beef noodle. It was FABULOUS! So upon hearing it, TW brought me to try KL beef noodle. And as in any big city, u gotta do a lot of walking to go places, so was this beef noodle trip. We parked the car "somewhere"... and started walking...


And I realised it has been quite a while since I last walked this part of KL. Things have changed so much. But somethings are always "unchangeable"... like this drink seller.


After 20 minutes, the beef noodle shop loomed ahead. I know someone from Seattle reading this is salivating now...


I wasn't expecting this "style" of beef noodle whereby the noodle was skinny & the beef minced... When I first tasted it, there was no WOW-feeling. But the funny thing was, once u add the special chilly sauce provided - VOILA! It became a totally different BEAST!


The Seremban beef noodle was more "typical". I love the "juicy" noodle - fat & oily. They were served with chunky beef. And the sauce was simply STUNNING! And I must say I prefer the Seremban beef noodle above ALL else.


Even this "complicated & ultra expensive & super delicious" prawn noodle which I had a couple of days earlier in PJ, somehow, paled in comparison with the Seremban beef noodle.


The only thing that came close was this "simple but fabulous" Hakka noodle in Seremban. Especially in combo with the local fish balls & dumplings.


Nonetheless, it was a well worth journey despite the distance. And I was told my Seattle friend ta-bau like crazy the last trip here. If ONLY he tried the Seremban beef noodle...


As we proceeded to the NEXT food stall, I was happy to pass by these "notorious" KL buses. I was happy cuz I don't see the old yellow ones anymore. All were big & air-con type now. But one thing never changed - the bus conductor - still as LOUD as ever ;)


And finally we were here at PETALING STREET!!!


Here TW introduced me to the MOST FAMOUS wantan noodle stall in KL... but alas, the place was FULL... and TW pointed me to "notice" something. Boy, his eyes VERY the sharp one.


But TW did buy me drink from this stall. It was AWESOME!


We also tried some of these... Then we went to do so many other things before they dropped me off.


So much food to try, so little time. Thanks buddy for ur incredible hospitality.

1 comment:

Colin said...

Hahahahahah! Love JS's expression!