Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Doulos


After 7 years, Doulos is back in Kuching last week.


This ship sure brings back plenty of good memories. I remember my very own first visit was waaaaaay back when I was still in Primary School in Sibu :)


Faithfully bringing thousands of books all over the world...even in an age where most are able to buy books easily thru local bookstores or via internet, we must also remember there are STILL plenty of places out there in the world where such conveniences might not exist. Praise the LORD for Doulos.


To show our support... *ahem* - good excuse for me to buy more books ;) - we were able to pick up some real good bargains. I was also surprised at the good selection of Bibles she carries - much more than what u can find in all the Christian bookshops in Kuching!


It was a sweet & sweaty visit. Strongly advise parents to visit Doulos either early in the morning or late afternoon or on rainny days cuz it could get really hot up there under the makeshift bookstore with canvas tops.

And talking about Doulos - Greek word for SLAVE...


...I am happy to see that my sister is finally going to further equip herself for the next few years in a local seminary in KL in answer to the call of God...as a Doulos of Jesus Christ.

No comments: