Friday, December 19, 2008

"Surprise" Parcels


When I opened my eyes (from a nap), two Amazon parcels were sitting right next to me. Apparently the postman had come earlier and my beloved wife had received the parcels *gulp* on behalf...and gently placed them next to my head...

My mind went blur for about 5 seconds before a light went off blinking: "Could it be...?!!!"

As a matter of fact, I have given up hope on the arrival of my Cambridge KJV Concord & the 2 Study Bibles u see in the pix. I had ordered the Cambridge 4 mths earlier & the Study Bibles almost 3 mths back. Amazon had in fact refunded the money for my KJV and was about to refund my Study Bibles within the day...


Now I am really looking forward to enjoy reading the new Bibles.

And this time, my wife "finally" took an interest in "adopting" the new NLT Study Bible to replace her much tattered NKJV Spirit Filled Life Bible...

My wife, who is totally not impressed/interested with any of my Bibles so far, asked after a while: "Honey, is there a black calfskin NKJV Bible available in the market?"

Praise the LORD for the safe arrival of the parcels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben...The Concord looks great. What is the Allan's bible that it's on top of in the second picture? I ask because it looks bigger and it says Cyclopedic Concordance. Didn't think that the Clarendon was bigger than the Concord. Maybe it's just the yapped cover. Anyway, I enjoy your website and look forward to your pictures of various bibles.

BenTing said...

Jeff. That is an Allan Long Primer. The Cyclopedic Concordance is a "mistake" since the Long Primer doesn't come with one.

The Concord is really nice in terms of size, quality, typeface...etc. An excellent "all rounder" KJV.