Saturday, January 03, 2009

Lucky Sheep



Every now and then, when I am spending quiet time with God, it still strikes me HOW LUCKY, HOW FORTUNATE I am to be a Christian. (It is my intention to use the words - lucky & fortunate - worldly words especially cherished by unbelieving Chinese.)

Both words denote a sense of "undeserving" - which of course is the root of all our blessing - the GRACE & MERCY of God.

To know God - or rather to be KNOWN BY God - is our GREATEST BLESSING. There is no other blessing that can top it. None.

And to know that my "fate" was sealed from the time BEFORE the beginning of time is the most humbling knowledge. And every now and then, I do caught a glimpse of David's cry to God: "What is man that You take thought of him, and the son of man that You care for him."

O the grace & mercy of God...

just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
(Eph 1:4-6)



Have u ever wonder why would God chose the MOST inefficient method to spread the Gospel - that is by using us? I mean we are so unreliable!!!

I mean He could flash out some super-duper supernatural super banana miracles to simply shock unbelievers into believers - won't that be easier? After all He has the power.

I guess this is one area that would qualify for the verse:

For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are you ways My ways." declares the LORD.
(Isa 55:8)

Yet, the super-duper miracles ARE happening every time we share the Word of God. Every time we share the gospel, we sing praises to Jesus, we extol God's greatness - supernatural things are happening.

Let me ask u - Which is a greater miracle: 1) A person believes cuz he witness the opening of the Red Sea, or 2) A person believes after he hears a song....

And that's EXACTLY how one of my "unbelieving" cousin became a glorious believer thru the hearing of this song above. And this is a testimony to the very words of the song - My sheep hear My voice!

O the WISDOM of God!

No comments: