Friday, June 01, 2007

Gawai Festival


Today is Gawai Festival, the most important day for the Ibans in Sarawak. But to me, the 2 day break is THE most important thing about Gawai ;)


This morning we went to visit one of our Iban colleagues. Our intention - honestly speaking - is for the excellent FOOD... Just kidding! Actually HALF food, HALF good fellowshipping.


On FOOD - look at the varieties! They taste as good as they look. Among the dishes, I was surprised to find "Ka-jan-ma", a specialty Chinese dish. And I was told the Ibans love it.



On fellowshipping - after a "tough & harsh" 2 weeks of work, we really cherish the "fun & relax" atmosphere. We are having a 4-days' break with this year's Gawai... and my guys really NEED this break.


We also discovered that my friend's house is SURROUNDED with DURIAN TREES!!! And with durian season not that far away, we have already "booked" a future trip back to this place for more "food"... ;)

No comments: