Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just A Few More Allan ESV1 Pix...


Very nice grain pattern. Since both bibles are still "fresh out of the boxes"...the covers aren't as supple as my "heavily attacked & greased" Long Primer...yet. Since I intend to finish the new ESV from cover to cover within 2 months (or 4 mths at the MOST), both should age extremely well if my 4 mths old Long Primer is of any guide.

Since I am still trying to get used to the TAN color ( a couple of hours now), I think I still "prefer" the Black version. Well, this preference could change of course.


Though I don't remember Allan's website mentioning about the colors of the leather lining... So here u have it.


One thing I REALLY appreciate nowadays is how "willingly" Allan Bibles tend to open up. Yes, right out of the box. Just last week, I was checking out a TNIV bonded version in my local bookstore...and as I took the bible out of the box...and as I opened it...Boy, I tell u, the "experience" was tormenting ;)

As for the typeface, since I don't own an older Allan ESV version, as I compared these new ones with my Crossway Cordovan thinline version, well I gotta say the Crossway definietly appears "bolder" by a hair.

Once more let us remember that it is whats INSIDE the covers that will help us to be transformed into the image of our great God & Saviour Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pictures Ben. I thanked you on Mark Bertrand's blog For turning my attention to the Holman bible and the NLT which I already had my eye on. Your blog is refreshing. Thanks again. Jeff Seymour

BenTing said...

Thanks Jeff.

Well, just remember my Holman Legacy is of an OLDER version. There is a newer version with Calfskin binding.