Thursday, October 16, 2008

R.L Allan ESV1 - Black & Tan



Finally, the long awaited Allan ESV1 have arrived. A quick inspection shows both Bibles are made in the finest Allan tradition - superb binding & luxurious Highland Goatskin.




Best yet, it comes with 3 (!!!) ribbons!!! And not just any ribbons - they are WIDE & LOOOOONG!

U can see the ultra longish ribbons clearly here as compared to my other Allan Bibles.



Both Black & Tan have a gilt line inside. And u can see the gold stamping - "Highland Goatskin" & "Allan Binding" inside the cover.



Supple & limp right out of the box. So far only Cambridge Bibles seem to exhibit these same characteristics.


I also have my Black ESV1 embossed with my name... :)

1 comment:

A J Bergren said...

Did you still like the off colored ribbons?

What I mean is the black ESV1 has blue ribbons which only match the color of the blue Bible paper but not the black cover. I find them kind of distracting. Bibles don't really need "bling" do they?

Andrew