Saturday, July 25, 2009

Law of 6?

What have the below Scriptures have in common?

And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
(Gen 1:31)

On the sixth day, when they prepare what they bring in, it will be twice as much as they gather daily."
(Exo 16:5)

I will command my blessing on you in the sixth year, so that it will produce a crop sufficient for three years.
(Lev 25:21)

And when those who bore the ark of the LORD had gone six steps, he sacrificed an ox and a fattened animal.
(2Sa 6:13)

Now there were six stone water jars there for the Jewish rites of purification, each holding twenty or thirty gallons.
(Joh 2:6)

Well, if u haven't noticed there is a "6" in every verse above.

Last night, to my horror (pls forgive me) we were watching an episode of 2005/6 Benny Hinn's This Is Your Day at my cell group meeting. Benny Hinn was with this other guy on the show. I can't remember his name. Basically this guy was telling Benny he had this "nos 6" revelation direct from the LORD. And God was teaching him about the significance of the 6 in 2006.

According to him, 2006 will be a year of dominance, double-portion blessing, break-thru... for the church. And the LORD used various Bible verses to show him that "secret" (might not be the exact word used, but u get the idea.)

Then towards the END of the show, the guy broke out saying something like IF u want that kind of blessings or break-thru in 2006...u gotta pick up the phone and GIVE in quantum of 6! Like 60, or 600 for every family members!!!

Now, I have NO issue with Christians giving generously. We are commended to give liberally, sacrificially, cheerfully. To give is a blessing.

Now, I also have NO issue with Bible numerology. In fact, I love it. To me, numerology is just another supernatural "signature" of God in the Bible. It is AWESOME!

But last night I just couldn't help but "see" this verse in my head...blaring away:

And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you...
(2Pe 2:3)

I wonder if anyone gave USD666? ;)

No comments: